The following Familiars have come forward seeking companions. I normally would not offer them as preconjures, because they are animalistic, non-verbal, simple creatures who I can't really go into great detail about as I do with most preconjures, but I know sometimes seeing a bit more about them is more encouraging than going blind into a custom conjure.
BATS: While they are all cuddly (particularly compared to the other types of familiars I conjure), these three are some of the friendliest and most outgoing I currently have available:
- Bat #2: Palm-sized brown male. Looks like a cottonball with wings.
2021 Samhain Additions:
- 2021 Bat #1: A very large, very clingy big girl who wants nothing more than to be up in your business 24/7. She likes to sniff at your mouth, particularly if you’ve been eating fruit or sweets. All it takes is some banana or berries, and you’ve got a new best friend for life in this sweet lady. She’s dark brown, with bright, dark eyes and oversized ears that are almost always up at attention.
- 2021 Bat #2: A mid-sized little boy who hovers but never quite likes to settle until he’s very familiar with his surroundings. He’s a little skittish, but not overly so. It doesn’t take much to startle him into flight, but once he’s sure of himself and sees you mean no harm, he’ll be happy to spend time on or around you. He loves hard candy, and the crunches he makes when he finds some is hilarious.
- 2021 Bat #3: A tiny, cottonball fluff who I’m about 99% certain is female. She is very noisy and loves attention. For something so tiny, you’ll find her rather fearless as well. Her wings seem a bit disproportionately small to her body, but that’s entirely possible because her body is about 80% fur fluff. She’s got a rather high-pitched squeak I haven’t heard from others, even some that are her size/type, and it is just a smidge piercing, so just a heads up for the future keeper’s sake. On the positive side, that does make it hard to ignore when she wants to bring something to your attention.
CATS: Please note, these cats are nothing like house cats and do not like to be touched, petted, or held. They are somewhat feral beings who serve a specific purpose for your astral space. On that note, here are some of the cats currently available:
- Cat #1: A kitten-sized female who is probably the only Cat Familiar I have ever come across that will let you pick her up. She doesn’t like it, but she won’t revert to her natural defense against threats if you do, either. Please note that I’m not promising that she’s cute and cuddly and wants to be a lapcat—she is still very feral and it is not recommended to try to handle her.
- Cat #2: A large tomcat with lantern-bright yellow eyes. He has one of the loudest yowls I’ve heard from one of these cats and will go after astral threats many times his size with admirable bluster.
- Cat #3: Another tom, but he’s much quieter and operates more by stealthily hunting his prey. He likes to slink around the edges of the party to see what people are up to instead of getting his paws dirty by stepping into the thick of things.
2021 Samhain Additions:
- 2021 Cat #1: A smallish/mid-sized female with bright yellow eyes I can only describe as perpetually suspicious. She’s got a very judgy stare. And she will stare at you. She’s on the quiet side, and is not particularly active or rambunctious, more a guardian who picks her spot and lords over it.
- 2021 Cat #2: A large tom with very large yellow eyes. This big boy is constantly on the prowl, always moving, restless and ready to pounce. He’s actually somewhat playful. Unlike many of the other cat familiars I have called, I can actually get him to play a bit. He is not one to like attention but will happily play with a string or small toy. He seems to like ribbons in particular.
- 2021 Cat #3: A smaller/mid-sized tom with one yellow eye. I’m not sure what happened to the other, but it doesn’t seem to bother him he’s only got the one. A little more unusual than that, he has a white patch on his chest—not something I see often in these familiars, as they’re almost always all pitch black. He’s quick on his feet though, and while not the most curious, he’ll get into things when he thinks you aren’t watching. It’s perfectly cat-like (think: “I want you to pet me, and I’m going to flop close by like I want you to, but as soon as you reach for me I’m going to move again”) and I’d describe him as cautiously clever, always keeping just out of reach, almost in a taunting manner.
TOADS: The most intelligent of the familiars, toads can hold (very simple) conversation, and make excellent low-level protectors.
- Lap-sized Toad #2: He looks very similar to a cane toad; standard colors. About the size of a small dog and can easily fit in your lap.
- Giant Toad #1: This is a Big Boi who is a lazy lump and doesn't mind being leaned on. He's a dark brownish green color and very laconic, even for one of these toads.
2021 Samhain Additions:
- 2021 Toad #1: A mid-sized female with red eyes and an almost exaggeratedly sour look because of the paleness of her underbelly compared to the top of her, which is very, very dark brown with reddish-brown spots. The way the darker coloration curls around her mouth makes it look as though she has a perpetual frown, but she’s really very calm and even, to a slight degree, curious for one of her kind. She’s not quite as sedentary as many others, and will actually move from her chosen spot to investigate things if she feels curious enough about it. I wouldn’t call her talkative (no toads really are), but she’s more likely to respond than most, and a good listener as well.
- 2021 Toad #2: An exceptionally large female with dark green skin mottled with brown blotches, and red eyes. She is very round. If you have ever seen a pacman frog, you’ll get the picture. Despite her gargantuan size, she is fairly nimble and careful not to step on or hurt anything smaller than her. She does like to find a single place to settle and stick to it, but will move or follow her keeper on request. She is one of the least talkative of the toads I have worked with, but will hold a brief conversation if she feels it’s necessary (generally monosyllabic in nature).
- 2021 Toad #3: A lap toad, this little man is a dark brownish red, with darker red eyes. He’s a restless one, always on the move, and always hungry. He’s a perpetual fidgeter, and will rarely settle down for more than a moment. While he is not much of a conversationalist, this extends to how he communicates as well—quick, single responses that hop topics from one to another, if you can keep his attention long enough to talk to you.
Please note: Each familiar in this listing comes with a very abbreviated write-up.
Note: All preconjures come bound to a vessel (which requires you ensure you give me the right mailing address during checkout). A complete companion write-up document will be sent as a PDF via email.
Preconjure - Familiars
Beings with dark arts energy can be overwhelming to those who are not ready to experience them. Side effects of dark arts companions can include headaches, nausea, flu-like symptoms, nightmares, a feeling of being drained, and streaks of bad luck (and while this usually only lasts for a few days or perhaps a week or two at most, it can feel like a lifetime in the moment, and can potentially last much longer). You can always ask the being to ease up on their energy around you until you are more used to them, but be sure you are ready for them before you invite a being of this nature into your life.
While I take many precautions in my contractual bindings with them, these beings may also cause sudden and intense changes in your life that can be problematic to those who are not ready. If you are feeling called but uncertain whether you can handle it, talk to me before purchasing this listing so we can discuss your level of skill and I can find a suitable being that won't overwhelm you.